[vsnet-alert 8715] SDSS J170213.26+322954.1: eclipsing SU UMa-type dwarf nova in the period gap

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sat Oct 8 10:10:03 JST 2005

SDSS J170213.26+322954.1: eclipsing SU UMa-type dwarf nova in the period gap

   According to cvnet messages, SDSS J170213.26+322954.1 is confirmed to be
an eclipsing SU UMa-type dwarf nova in the period gap.

Arto Oksanen's message:

Dear all,

I got two eclipses last night. In addition to the deeper eclipses reported
earlier the star showed also 0.3 mag superhumps.
Period measurement with Peranso gives 0.1001 days for the orbital period an
d 0.1056 days for the superhumps.

I posted comparison of the two light curves on our web server:
http://nyrola.jklsirius.fi/ccd/2005/data1006/SDSSJ1702_comp.png

Tonight seem to be cloudy here so I hope some other observers are able to
follow this very interesting target.

best regrds,

arto