[vsnet-alert 9180] New DN in Cam (OT_J055718+683226): still bright

uemuram at hiroshima-u.ac.jp uemuram at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Wed Dec 20 04:09:46 JST 2006

New DN in Cam (OT_J055718+683226): still bright

    This new ultra-short period dwarf nova is still bright tonight.
We have got a 4-hour light curve under clear condition tonight.

Our last night observation detected 4 humps and a period analysis
yielded a superhump period of 0.0530(3) d.
We have updated our web page for this object.

    http://home.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/hasc/kanata/j0557/index.html

Superhumps have similar amplitudes and profiles both in V and J
bands, except for a possible hint of the secondary maximum only
in J band light curve (see the above page).

Time-series observations are encouraged.

Regards,
Makoto Uemura and Akira Arai
Hiroshima University