[vsnet-alert 8845] Fw: OU Vir OUTBURST

Daisaku NOGAMI nogami at kwasan.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Feb 7 00:37:27 JST 2006

Dear colleagues,

A rare outburst of eclipsing SU UMa star OU Vir was caught
as below!  The last outburst reported to VSNET was in 2004
June.  It is not clear now whether this outburst is a normal
one or a superoutburst, but the observations from the early
phase of an outburst are very important!

We currently have three other targets of quite high priority:
two new WZ Sge candidates (ASAS 023322-1047.0 & ASAS
102522-1542.4) and an intermediate polar DO Dra.  The orbital
period is 0.0727 d (~105 min).  We would recommend you to
observe this star about 2 hours before dawn.

Best regards,
Daisaku Nogami
VSNET Collaboration Team

Begin forwarded message: