[vsnet-alert 8803] Re: Fw: AAVSO Special Notice #2: Possible NewNova/Dwarf Nova in Cet

Howard E. Bond bond at stsci.edu
Mon Jan 23 06:24:51 JST 2006

Dear friends,

A spectrum of ASAS J023322-1047.0 covering 3550-5300 A was obtained on 2006
January 22.12 by C. Aguilera, using the SMARTS 1.5-m telescope at Cerro Tololo
Interamerican Observatory, on behalf of myself and F. Walter.

The spectrum shows broad, shallow absorption lines of the hydrogen Balmer series
and He I 4471 A, which is a spectrum typical of a dwarf nova at maximum light.
We thus confirm the object as a new member of the class of large-amplitude dwarf
novae.

best regards,
Howard E. Bond
Space Telescope Science Institute