[vsnet-alert 9109] Re: [cvnet-discussion] Var CAS 06

P. Clay Sherrod drclay at tcworks.net
Thu Nov 9 09:08:00 JST 2006

I would like to suggest that observations of activity such as these, particularly since
they are being quoted to within the 0.01m range and in various wavelengths, be reported
along with the telescope TYPE and aperture; in addition if anything other than standard
photometric filters are being used, this too should be included with every report.

I just believe that such thorough reporting is prudent and serves far more in terms of
consistency when comparing with other observers or our own data.

Thanks...

Dr. Clay
Arkansas Sky Observatories
Harvard MPC/ H43 (Conway)
Harvard MPC/ H41 (Petit Jean Mountain)
Harvard MPC/ H45 (Petit Jean Mtn. South)
http://www.arksky.org/