[vsnet-alert 9060] Re: New object in the field of UGC 4904

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Oct 12 10:10:23 JST 2006

>   According to Itagaki-san, a possible transient object
> has been reported in the field of UGC 4904.

   I have noticed the existence of the webpage:

http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/iau/unconf/cbat_unconf.html

   This object near UGC 4904 was suspected by Itagaki-san
on 2004 10 15.816 UT at mag 19.0.  Assuming that he has
been imaging the field regularly, this detection might have
been one of its "faint" outbursts.  The interval of two
detections (about a year) may suggest a dwarf nova-type
recurrence time.  The present "outburst" then may be a
superoutburst (??)