[vsnet-alert 9083] New SU UMa-type dwarf nova in Tau (correction)

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Oct 27 11:47:39 JST 2006

>   From baavss-alert.  Wolfgang Renz has relayed the info of the
> following suspected new object near NGC 6688.

   Apologies.  The two messages (and NGC 6688) are unrelated!
Watch the position in the second message reporting the detection
of superhumps.

===

4 hrs of V and I-band CCD photometry of this new object, reported earlier by
astronomers at Crni Vrh Observatory of the University of Ljubljana, shows a
strong superhump signal with peak-to-peak amplitude 0.2 mag around a mean V mag
of 15.10 indicating it is probably a UGSU-type CV. The V-I colour index is very
close to zero.

The mean superhump period over this 4 hr interval is 0.0541 +/- 0.0027d, using
Peranso.

These measurements used USNO-B1 1028-0043851 as a comparison, thanks to Wolfgang
Renz for circulating this information. Equipment was 0.35m SCT with SXV-H9 CCD.

Position measured as RA 03 29 12.26 +/- 0.19  Dec +12 50 17.54 +/- 0.12 (2000)
using Astrometrica and UCAC2.

Further time-series observations are encouraged.

Regards,
David Boyd (BDG),
West Challow, UK