[vsnet-alert 9292] GW Lib: rapid brightening

uemuram at hiroshima-u.ac.jp uemuram at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Fri Apr 13 02:00:21 JST 2007

GW Lib: rapid brightening

    The KANATA team also confirmed the rapid brightening trend
of GW Lib.  An example of image and preliminary light curve can
be seen at:

    http://kanatatmp.blogspot.com/search/label/GW%20Lib

The current brightening speed is about -13 mag/day.
If the maximum magnitude would be 9 mag, the object would
reach the meximum within the next 4-5 hours.

We started simultaneous optical and infrared observations with TRISPEC/KANATA. The data is now under reduction.
Our observations will continue until 20:00 UT.

If GW Lib is really a WZ Sge-type dwarf novae, we are now
in an extremely rare chance to observe a temporal evolution
of "early humps".  The Kyoto team obtained the data during
this early phase of WZ Sge in 2001.  The paper has been published
and can be seen at:
  http://jp.arxiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0111432
We now meet another rare chance for it, one day in 24 years.

The weather condition is not good here in Hiroshima, Japan tonight.
It will be rain tomorrow.
Follow-up time-series observations are urged.

Regards,
Makoto Uemura and Akira Arai
on behalf of the KANATA team
http://kanatatmp.blogspot.com/index.html