[vsnet-alert 9451] GRB2007: inviting community to suggest topics and speakers

Mark Galassi mark_grb2007 at galassi.org
Mon Aug 6 23:19:54 JST 2007

As you might know, the Santa Fe GRB conference is approaching
(November 5-8, 2007).  Please visit our web site at
http://grb2007.lanl.gov/ and register!

We are also approaching the time to select the invited and solicited
speakers for the Santa Fe GRB Conference (http://grb2007.lanl.gov/). We
would like to involve the entire GRB community in order to identify the
most interesting and relevant talks.  We are therefore inviting our
colleagues to suggest topics and speakers. The goal is to poll the
community on what you want to hear about and to identify areas,
particularly new areas, that would be especially relevant to GRBs.

Please send us a very short email (instructions below) by August 13
suggesting the topic that you think would make an excellent review talk,
or a recent important result that could be emphasized in a solicited talk
or a scientific problem/question you think needs to be addressed by the
wider scientific community.  You can suggest a speaker and should include
a few words explaining why you think your suggestion will have broad
appeal/impact.

The SOC will make the final decision from these suggestions, the submitted
abstracts, and their own knowledge of the field.

Self-nominations are not encouraged but are acceptable and will be
considered by the SOC. Please try to take the large view and nominate
leading work that should have substantial impact rather than just nominate
the talk you wish to give.

Please use the subject line "GRB2007: Topic/Speaker suggestion",
and use following format (so we can parse the
suggestions) in the body of an email to grb2007 at lanl.gov:

SUGGESTERS_EMAIL: your email address
SUGGESTED_REVIEW_TOPIC: [you can use several lines if you need to]
SUGGESTED_SOLICITED_TOPIC: [you can use several lines if you need to]
SUGGESTED_SPEAKER: speaker name (you could use more than one)
EXPLANATION: [you can use several lines to explain why this topic or
person is a good idea]

If you are suggesting a topic, but not a speaker (or vice-versa), you may
leave that entry blank.