[vsnet-alert 9488] V1006 Cyg: period update

Gianluca Masi gianluca at bellatrixobservatory.org
Sat Aug 18 11:36:36 JST 2007

Dear Colleagues,

I'm finishing a long run on V1006 Cyg, which continues to
fade (about 0.2mag/day).

I see a modulation resembling low amplitude(0.08 mag)
superhumps, superimposed to the slow fading trend.

Limiting the period search to this single night (the first
showing a 'regular' behaviour), after detrending the
dataset, PDM analysis suggests P=2.492h, a few percent
longer than Porb.

The photometry to date is visible at:

http://virtualtelescope.bellatrixobservatory.org/v1006cyg_lc_tot_17aug07.gif

At the end of the session, data will be send to Kyoto for
detailed analysis.

Follow-up, especially at different longitudes, is urgently
needed.

Regards,
Gianluca

PS: I apologize if you receive this twice, as my first
attemp apparently was not successful.