[vsnet-alert 9767] OT_J111218-353837 (new optical transient)

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sat Dec 22 10:58:06 JST 2007

> "Pi of the Sky automatic trigger has detected a new object on the sky
> at (2000) RA = 11 12 18, DEC = -35 38 37. No known variable star or
> minor planet is present at this position.

   The images definitely show the outbursting nature of the object.
To my eyes, the field looks blank down to the 20 mag.
No ROSAT source is present.
The object again looks like an outbursting dwarf nova with
a very large amplitude.  Further detailed observations are strongly
urged.

   Please use the name OT_J111218-353837 for reporting in the meantime.