[vsnet-alert 9547] Re: HS2331+3905 outburst: lightcurve

Gianluca Masi gianluca at bellatrixobservatory.org
Thu Sep 6 13:19:56 JST 2007

Dear Colleagues,

I finished my 9-hours long run on HS2331, under excellent
sky conditions, using the 36cm-f/8 robotic unit available at
the Virtual Telescope.

The resulting lightcurve is wonderful, with many details
(like the one of WZ Sge). You can see the complete curve
here:

http://virtualtelescope.bellatrixobservatory.org/hs2331+3905.gif

After reaching a relative maximum, the star faded of about
0.2 magnitudes. The curve is dominated by hump-like
features, while short period variations are also present.

Using the whole dataset, I performed PDM period analysis to
find the dominant period in the LC. The best candidate is
(1.3471 +/- 0.0470) hours, which is close (possibly shorter)
than the orbital period.

Data have been sent to Kyoto for further analysis.

Regards,
Gianluca Masi