[vsnet-alert 9593] V455 V-band photometry from Hungary

Szilard Csizmadia csizmadi at konkoly.hu
Tue Sep 18 02:36:31 JST 2007

Dear colleagues,

we observed the dwarf nova V455 Andromedae from Hungary with the 40 cm RC
telescope of the Roland Eotvos University on the last four nights. The
light curve and the Fourier-spectra can be found at the following webpage:

http://enlil.elte.hu/observatory/v455and.html

Please, visit it!

Unfortunately, the sky is cloudy now...

We found 82.67, 41.25 and 1.44 minutes peaks in the Fourier-spectra of our
dataset. The first is evidently the superhump period which has an
amplitude slightly over 0.33 magnitude in V. The second one is its first
harmonic. The third one has a power of 0.012 magnitude and can be the
rotational period of the white dwarf as sugegsted by Araujo-Betancor et
al. in their excellent 2005 paper. So, we confirm the former claims in
this list of the presence, period and amplitude of the superhumps. (Note
that this was a first look to our dataset so it is not final results.)

We are interested in collaboration in the publishing our data set so if
you are interested please contact me!

Hi,
Szilard Csizmadia

|      Dr. Szilard Csizmadia, PhD         |
|          Konkoly Observatory            |
|       of the Hungarian Academy          |
|       of Sciences, staff member         |
|    H-1525 Budapest, P. O. Box. 67.      |
|     E-mail: csizmadia at konkoly.hu        |
|www.konkoly.hu/staff/csizmadia/index.html|