[vsnet-alert 10777] re ST Cha type

bydra at Safe-mail.net bydra at Safe-mail.net
Tue Dec 2 21:59:54 JST 2008

Well, I've stared at some YSO spectra and some CV spectra and the spectra for ST Cha

http://aas.aanda.org/articles/aas/full/1998/13/ds1483/img6.gif

seems generally a bit light on emission lines for both.

UX UMa has some similarities, so type NL?

http://www.cfa.harvard.edu/~pberlind/atlas/images/UXUMa.CV.gif

Even Z Cam don't look too bad, and there's some comments about "standstill" in old vsnet posts it seems.

http://www.cfa.harvard.edu/~pberlind/atlas/images/ZCam.CV.gif

That's if you combine/merge the ST Cha spectra from the above link to include the Halpha emission from the right onto the trace on the left.

UGZ then?

Well, actually, I've no idea, but in the end it looks to have too much missing for a YSO spectrum.

Cheers

John