[vsnet-alert 10816] OT_J004226.5+421537 superhumps

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Dec 9 14:31:27 JST 2008

OT_J004226.5+421537 superhumps

   The Kyoto data (observer: Ohshima-san) on Dec. 5 and 6 show the
presence of ordinary superhumps with amplitudes of 0.2 mag.
The period is still difficult to determine due to the limited
coverage and possible period variation (we obtained provisional
period of 0.058 d based on two nights' observation).  The signal
appears to have become smaller on Dec. 7 (Nakajima-san's observation).
We expect to refine the period when new data become available.
Although it is not a very easy target, we encourage multi-longitude
observations.

   This object has been confirmed to be a Galactic dwarf nova
(ATEL #1867).