[vsnet-alert 10829] QSO B0133+47 (= MisV1436): optical polarization

uemuram at hiroshima-u.ac.jp uemuram at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Thu Dec 18 20:11:42 JST 2008

QSO B0133+47 (= MisV1436): optical polarization

    We performed photopolarimetric observations of this object
last night (17 Dec) with TRISPEC attached to the KANATA telescope.
Our preliminary analysis shows that it was
V=15.4(0.1) on 17.50 Dec (UT).

    The polarization degree of this object was surprisingly high,
31+/-1 % in V-band.  Since the last September, our team has kept
photopolarimetric monitorings of a few tens of blazars
(http://kanatatmp.g.hatena.ne.jp/kanataobslog/).
The polarization degree of MisV1436 is one of the highest values
among objects we have observed.

    We will continue the observation of this object.

Regards,
M. Uemura, M. Yamanaka, Y. Ikejiri, K. Sakimoto, and H. Tanaka
on behalf of the KANATA team