[vsnet-alert 9919] HV Vir fading and reddening

uemuram at hiroshima-u.ac.jp uemuram at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Sat Feb 16 15:52:10 JST 2008

HV Vir fading and reddening

 HV Vir started fading with a reddening trend.
We observed HV Vir with TRISPEC/KANATA.
Our preliminary analysis can be seen at:

http://kanatatmp.blogspot.com/search/label/HV%20Vir

Combining with the data on 14 Feb, we performed
a preliminary period analysis.
The early superhump period was estimated to be
0.0569 +/- 0.0004 d, which is significantly shorter
than the ordinary superhump period, and in agreement
with the early superhump period reported in previous
outbursts of HV Vir.

Regards,
M. Uemura, A. Arai, M. Sasada, and T. Yasuda
on behalf of the KANATA team
Hiroshima University