[vsnet-alert 9832] Re: New CV in CMi

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sun Jan 20 10:56:41 JST 2008

> We observed a new variable star in CMi announced at the site
> of "CBAT Unconfirmed Observations Page".
>
>  > var/CMi        2008 01 19.546   07 47 27.64 +06 50 50.0           12.3 U
>
> Our low-resolution spectrum taken on Jan. 19.63 UT under hazy
> condition shows a smooth blue continuum with absorption lines
> of the Balmer series, which indicates that the new variable is
> a dwarf nova in outburst.

   No previous outbursts were detected by ASAS.  No ROSAT source
is present.  The amplitude (7-8 mag or more?) suggests an outburst
of a large-amplitude dwarf nova (WZ Sge-type?).
The Halpha line is apparently filled with an emission line and
shows an emission core.  No strong He II seems to be present.
The Balmer lines are relatively broad, possibly suggesting a
relatively large inclination.

   Time-resolved photometry is extremely urgently encouraged.
Use the object name OT_J074727.6+065050 for the time being.