[vsnet-alert 9858] V1280 Sco : finished rebrightening

arai-akira at hiroshima-u.ac.jp arai-akira at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Mon Jan 28 20:17:24 JST 2008

V1280 Sco : finished rebrightening

We performed observations of V1280 Sco on 13,14 and 26 January 2008
in optical and near-infrared bands. Our photometric results
clearly indicate that a rebrightening trend finished
and color became blue. The rebrightening continues since July 2007,
we confirmed that the trend lasted until 23 October 2007.

KANATA observation on 2008 January 26.895023 UT
Rc=10.3,  Rc-Ks ~ 5.6

Please see our blog about V1280 Sco.
http://kanatatmp.blogspot.com/search/label/V1280%20Sco

Our results indicates that the optically thin dust shell still exist
around the system, because the Ks-band flux of V1280 Sco is still brighte.

Regards,
Akira Arai, Makoto Uemura and Mahito Sasada
Higashi-Hiroshima observatory,
Hiroshima University, japan