[vsnet-alert 10321] V651 Oph outburst

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Jul 14 09:56:45 JST 2008

   According to basvss alert, the dwarf nova V651 Oph is in outburst.

Subject: [baavss-alert] V651 Oph

I detected the V651 Oph in outburst last night at mag ~ 16.5 which is
my first positive identification, To the best of my knowledge, it is
classified as a CV of unknown type. The last reported outburst was Apr
13, 2006 by Patrick Schmeer at mag 16.7 CR.

It will be raining here for the next few nights so I will not be able
to follow-up, I thought I would pass this along if any one is
interested in observing this star.

Clear skies to all!

Steve Brady

===
The 2006 outburst:

[vsnet-outburst 6871] V651 Oph in outburst

Unfiltered CCD observations by P. Schmeer, Bischmisheim, Germany:
OPHV651 20060409.493 181CR Scp
OPHV651 20060412.482 167CR Scp
Instrument: University of Iowa, Rigel Telescope (0.37-m Cassegrain)
Sequence: USNO-A2.0 catalogue (R magnitudes)

Regards,
Patrick

[vsnet-chat 3063] ?More cataclysmic stars?  (2000)
(Timo Kinnunen)

AN 271.1936 = V651 Oph

- "Die Existenz des Sterns ist durch gute Platten gesichert,
ebenso die Unsichtbarkeit. Anscheinend ist der Stern nur selten
und fu"r kurze Zeit hell. Mira-Art scheint nicht vorzuliegen."

  Bright on one scan, otherwise at or near minimum.
A great chance that this is a short period CV.

   The object has a ROSAT counterpart:

183841.4 +092233 (2000.0) 1RXS-F_J183841.5+092234 0.021 1.00 0.58