[vsnet-alert 9946] HV Vir: rapid fading ?

Makoto Uemura uemuram at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Wed Mar 5 10:33:56 JST 2008

HV Vir: rapid fading ?

HV Vir probably entered a rapid fading phase on 4 Mar.

YYYYMMDD(UT)    mag.  err.
20080302.83058 14.41V 0.03 Higashi-Hiroshima Observatory
20080304.81045 14.99V 0.01 Higashi-Hiroshima Observatory

http://kanatatmp.blogspot.com/search/label/HV%20Vir

The object faded by 0.6 mag within 2 days.

We took a time-series run with our 25-cm telescope on 4 Mar.
The light curve shows humps superimposed on the rapid fading trend.

Follow-up observations are needed to detect possible rebrightenings
in the next week. While no confirmed rebrightening was observed
in past outbursts of HV Vir, possible ones were reported in
Kato et al. (2001) and Ishioka et al. (2003).
Because the feature of rebrighteinngs can be changed in each
outburst of a object, HV Vir may experience a long-lived
rebrightening phase this time.

Regards,
M. Uemura and A. Arai
on behalf of the KANATA team