[vsnet-alert 9965] Re: CSS080130:021110+171624 is a confirmed UGSU type CV

George Djorgovski george at astro.caltech.edu
Sat Mar 8 02:36:16 JST 2008

Hi, John,

thanks for your note.  I apologize for not citing everyone's relevant
work.  We are guilty of ignorance as charged.  I am an extragalactic
observer, and was blissfully unaware of the existence of vsnet, until
Howard Bond pointed it out in connection with CSS080304:090240
+052500, and these are the messages I was looking up through a
thread.  I did not have chance to look more broadly, and obviously I
should have.  So now we know!

I think that it is great that there is this community of  CV
observers, and now that we are starting to find these objects in PQ
and CSS surveys on a regular basis, it would be good if we can
coordinate the information gathering and distribution.  We would be
delighted to see them followed up, especially by the people who care
and know.  VOEventNet should somehow ingest your contributions, and
we can perhaps also help with the dissemination.  Instead of spamming
everyone, could the right people please identify themselves, and we
can start some email exchange?

With best regards, George Djorgovski