[vsnet-alert 9989] Re: Discovery of another optically violently variable quasar 4C 09.57

Seiichi Yoshida comet at aerith.net
Sun Mar 23 21:24:32 JST 2008

Dear colleagues,

> The SIMBAD shows that this quasar was reported in the
> (Fiorucci+Tosti+Rizzi, 1998) paper. It was recorded as 11.95 mag(V) as
> [FTR98] 1749+096 C1, but other records show it around 14.5 mag(V). So
> maybe an outburst was recorded in their observations.

Oops, [FTR98] 1749+096 C1 is not the quasar, but a near by background
star. The (Fiorucci+Tosti+Rizzi, 1998) paper just lists up comparison
stars around blazars. Sorry...

I have not researched many X-ray or radio papers of this quasar. But
so far, nobody else have been reported the optical outburst of this
quasar before.

The optical violent outburst of this quasar has been recorded only
twice in the history, our observations (and also recorded in the
ASAS-3 data) in 2007, and the single infrared DSS plate in 1995 as we
reported.

Best regards,

--
Seiichi Yoshida