[vsnet-alert 10612] V1251 Cyg: humps update

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Oct 23 10:22:13 JST 2008

V1251 Cyg: humps update

   We have received further data from Tim Crawford (and I failed to mention
that we have also received data from Seikei Astronomy and Meteorology Club.
The data up to Oct. 22 have not yet shown clear emergence of superhumps.
The refined period of current variation is 0.07446(10) d, 2.1% shorter
than the superhump period in 1991.  The evolution, phase stability and
phase-averaged profile of the current variation bear some degree of
similarity to WZ Sge-type early superhumps.

   Further intensive observations are encouraged!