[vsnet-alert 11177] ASAS 150946-2147.7: unusual object with high-excitation lines

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Apr 9 11:09:45 JST 2009

ASAS 150946-2147.7: unusual object with high-excitation lines

   Kinugasa-san (Gunma Astronomical Observatory, via Nogami-san at Kwasan)
obtained spectra of ASAS 150946-2147.7 on April 7.  In addition to Balmer
absorption lines, there were emission lines of He II, C III/N III and
broader He I emission lines.  The Halpha line had an emission core.
Although it is still difficult to tell its nature, we strongly encourage
observations at other wavelengths (especially in X-rays to see whether
there is an enhanced X-ray emission).

   More detailed analysis will be reported later.