[vsnet-alert 11043] re QZ Vir: QPOs and superhump period after the transition

varposts at Safe-mail.net varposts at Safe-mail.net
Tue Feb 3 11:23:38 JST 2009

Kato Taichi forwarded :-

"Okayama U. of Sci. team has reported further observations.  As reported in vsnet-outburst 9989, the object showed large-amplitude QPO-like variations on Feb. 1.  The same signature (with a smaller amplitude) was recorded in Staels' observations on Feb. 1 and Jan. 31."

See, I said if we waited he'd tell us what these other peaks were.

("QPO-like" : quasi periodic oscillation like ....hmmm, tautology or not, can't decide.  If viable, how about quasi-QPO?)

Cheers

John