[vsnet-alert 11049] Re TU Tri superoutburst continues

varposts at Safe-mail.net varposts at Safe-mail.net
Thu Feb 5 00:35:40 JST 2009

Martin Nicholson updated :-

"TU Tri superoutburst continues.  Time-resolved photometry is encouraged.

  YYYYMMDD(UT)   mag  observer
  20090126.897  <149  (Gary Poyner)
  20090127.001  <179C  (Eddy Muyllaert)
  20090128.880  14.89V  (Etienne Morelle)
  20090129.006  14.91C  (Eddy Muyllaert)
  20090129.006  14.91C  (Eddy Muyllaert)
  20090129.819  14.89V  (Etienne Morelle)
  20090131.107  15.03B  (Martin Nicholson)
  20090131.108  15.07V  (Martin Nicholson)
  20090203.116  15.48B  (Martin Nicholson)
  20090203.117  15.45V  (Martin Nicholson)

Martin Nicholson
Daventry, UK"

Incidentally, especially as I've had a handful of private emails from wide and disparate sources of how folk find it embarrassing and/or annoying for MN to be "copycat"ing Kato-kun's party pieces by posting superhump period updates and outburst updates to vsnet-alert, including one person at least who professed a firm intent to make a complaint to vsnet admin if they saw it happening again:-

I just want to say that if any such complaint is made, it _wasn't_ __me__ who made it!!!

As far as I'm concerned Mr Nicholson has as much right to make such posts as Kato-kun, as does anybody really.  Of course such matters are a matter for mods and that, and this is all incredibly off topic and highly irrelevant, but this bloke's already accusing me of of all sorts of things, including being a liar and a hypocrit, in numerous places, including various blogs, and I need to cover my backside, baht ending up getting blamed for summat I ain't done, but for which likely to him I would be a sensible suspect/recipient for his wrath in such an eventuality, given the tedious history of it all.

If I just sent an email saying "it weren't me" he wouldn't believe, besides which I usually don't find out if and what he's up to claiming about me till way after the fact.  It's made me paranoid on it.

Cheers

John

John Greaves