[vsnet-alert 10923] Re: re FWD ATEL 1892

Michael Linnolt linnolt at hawaii.edu
Wed Jan 7 04:23:12 JST 2009

Ok, Well thanks a lot for clarifying all the conditions and assumptions under which this transformation should be good. I should add that when doing calibrations, it is important to include a sufficient range of different stars and observers/equipment to make sure you are acounting for many of the important variables, such as: Filter charcteristics, detector responses, optical system characteristics(especially coatings for such a wide range in wavelengths) Source emission characteristics, interstellar and atmospheric absorption differences between 0.5, 1.2 and 2.5u... etc.

Mike