[vsnet-alert 10932] selected CCD observations of EF Eri, IQ Eri U Sco..

Berto Monard bmonard at mweb.co.za
Wed Jan 7 23:07:47 JST 2009

Herewith a selection of results from recent CV observations from CBA
Pretoria

After two months in the active state EF Eri has faded to its quiescent
level.

IQ Eri has faded to within 1 magnitude of its normal state. The three weeks
of activity seem too long for a dwarf nova eruption and too short for active
states of  polars, so far observed at CBA Pretoria.

Seven years of monitoring of V436 Car at CBA Pretoria have never seen V436
Car that faint.

BB Dor is still at its minimum around magnitude 19 since about four months
now. I have seen recent 'brighter' observing results on the internet for BB
Dor, which I strongly disagree with.

U Sco was observed during dawn and is not in outburst.

Polars like UU Pic and EUVE J0425-5714 have reached their active state, UW
Pic is busy brightening as well. Others like BL Hyi (that was reported, I
think) have returned to the faint state.

ERIEF   20080106.743   177CR   MLF
ERIIQ   20080106.746   163CR   MLF
CARV436   20080106.849   187CR   MLF
DORBB   20080106.758   188CR   MLF
SCOU   20080106.103   <165CR   MLF

What a little bit of good weather does...

Best regards and 2009 wishes,

Berto Monard
CBA Pretoria / Bronberg Observatory