[vsnet-alert 11001] QZ Vir: evolution of superhump periods

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Jan 30 10:21:50 JST 2009

QZ Vir: evolution of superhump periods

   We have received observations from Okayama U. of Sci., Nakajima-san,
Kiyota-san, Maehara-san and Yenal Ogmen.  The analysis indicates that
the superhump period is lengthening at dot(P)/P = +8(3)*10^(-5) despite
the presence of a precursor outburst (cf. Uemura et al. A&A 432, 261).
Further continued observations are encouraged to follow the evolution.

PS. Dear Josch, we would be very grateful if you could post your observations
to vsnet-campaign-report at ooruri.kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp