[vsnet-alert 11309] Re: re provenance of stuff off of me

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Sat Jul 4 10:29:02 JST 2009

> I thought vsnet-alert should inform about new and unexpected astronomical
> events. I am very surprised that 'redvars' (John Greaves) can bother all
> vsnet users with his rubbish.

   Daisaku Nogami is responsible for moderation (I have nothing to do with
the list function).  I hope he will be able to make adequate moderation.
If anyone wish to continue on the subject, I would recommend vsnet-chat
rather than vsnet-alert.

PS.
> Recent instances occur where a professional astronomer sees the need to
> distance the source from a discovery and used the excuse that his
> spreadsheet column couldn't cope with the width of the name the other
> professionals, the discoverers, were using.  It's getting a bit
> commonplace is this sort of behaviour.

   Who is this professional?  I even don't know how to use a spreadsheet.