[vsnet-alert 11346] Re: EK TrA superoutburst

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Jul 20 16:05:34 JST 2009

Re: EK TrA superoutburst

   According to AAVSO observations (submitted by Peter Nelson), EK TrA
started to show superhumps on July 16, while there was little variation
on July 14.  We must have been observing the early stage of this
superoutburst.

> The GCVS gives a superhump period of 0.06492 which is attributed to Vogt and Semeniuk in 1980

   A modern value is 0.064309(6) d determined during the 2007 superoutburst
(arXiv0905.1757).  The period variation, however, was not very evident.
A systematic observations, preferably at different longitudes, during the
current superoutburst might solve the question whether EK TrA lacks
a "textbook" period variation in short-period SU UMa-type dwarf novae.