[vsnet-alert 11274] Re: [AAVSO-DIS] HV Vir

Patrick Schmeer pasc1312-aavso at yahoo.de
Wed May 27 17:03:29 JST 2009

"MPChecker/CMTChecker/NEOChecker/NEOCMTChecker
Here are the results of your search(es) in the requested field(s):
No known minor planets, brighter than V = 16, were found in the
60.0-arcminute region around
R.A. = 13 21 03.16, Decl. = +01 53 29.1 (J2000.0)
on 2009 05 26.91 UT."

The last superoutburst (also the last recorded outburst)
of HV Vir occurred in 2008 February - just 468 days ago.
Michael Linnolt's observation indicates that HV Vir has
faded rather rapidly so the current outburst (if real)
is very probably a normal one.

Patrick