[vsnet-alert 11655] TT Ari: intermittent accretion?

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Nov 11 13:17:27 JST 2009

TT Ari: intermittent accretion?

   Tom Krajci, Maehara-san, Itoh-san and Enrique de Miguel Agustino have
reported observations during the present low state.  The object showed
two distinct states: low stage (mag 16) without rapid variation and
intermittent upsurge by up to ~2 mag with violent short-term variations.
It appears as if we are observing intermittent accretion events on
a deep low-state CV.  The occurrence of active states does not seem
to be very periodic, but has a weak periodicity of ~0.5 d.
The current behavior is most unusual, and we encourage further intensive
observations!