[vsnet-alert 11693] Re: Bright eruptive object in Eridanus

walcom77 walcom77 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 19:15:35 JST 2009

Following the posting on the Central Bureau's unconfirmed-objects
webpage & Cbet No. 2050 about a possible Nova in Eri we performed some
follow-up of this object remotely through a 0.25-m, f/3,4 reflector +
CCD, from GRAS Observatory (near Mayhill, NM).

On our images taken on November 26.36 we can confirm  the presence of
an optical counterpart with unfiltered CCD magnitude about 8.2
(UCAC2 Catalogue reference stars) at coordinates:

R.A. = 04 47 54.12, Decl.= -10 10 43.1

(equinox 2000.0; UCAC2 catalogue reference stars).

A comparison with a DSS red plate (limiting magnitude about 20),
obtained on 1990, Nov. 23, shows the proximity of a 15mag star to the
position of the possible nova in Eri.

On the blog our confirmation image and an animation using a DSS archive plate:

http://bit.ly/4mLBz1

or

http://remanzacco.blogspot.com/2009/11/possible-nova-in-eridanus.html

Best Regards,