[vsnet-alert 11699] V3890 Sgr recent behaviour

Berto Monard bmonard at mweb.co.za
Sat Nov 28 20:27:50 JST 2009

Hello,

It might be nothing unusual but V3890 Sgr is getting quite bright lately as
shown below.
Something similar happened to V1017 Sgr two years ago with the brightness
peak also occuring while behind the sun. Both are symbiotic stars which have
shown recurrent nova outbursts.

Can someone still follow up on V3890 Sgr and see what happens further. For
me the season is over.

Regards,

Berto Monard
CBA Pretoria

PS I can provide the photometric sequence that I have been using since 2005

//////////

V3890 Sgr observations of the past year with differential photometry from V
filtered CCD images:

JD / V Magnitude

2454786.22  16.10 CCD-V  MLF
2454884.60  15.56 CCD-V  MLF