[vsnet-alert 11955] Possible Nova in Scorpius

walcom77 walcom77 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 03:02:17 JST 2010

Following the posting on the Central Bureau's unconfirmed-objects
webpage & Cbet No. 2262 about a possible Nova in Sco we performed some
follow-up of this object remotely through a 0.25-m, f/3,4 reflector +
CCD, from GRAS Observatory (near Mayhill, NM).

On our images taken on April 26.4, 2010 we can confirm  the presence
of an optical counterpart with unfiltered CCD magnitude about 8.2
(UCAC2 Catalogue reference stars) at coordinates:

R.A. = 16 55 13.17, Decl.= -38 03 47.8

(equinox 2000.0; UCAC2 catalogue reference stars).

Our confirming image of this transient and an animation showing a
comparison between our image and the archive DSS plate:

http://bit.ly/9DHNbC

With kind regards,
Ernesto Guido and Giovanni Sostero
http://remanzacco.blogspot.com