[vsnet-alert 11795] EL UMa rebrightening phase

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Jan 29 10:24:53 JST 2010

> EL UMa is rebrightening.

   My interpretation is that we are observing "the rebrightening stage"
of a post-superoutburst WZ Sge-type dwarf nova.
The main superoutburst possibly occurred between 2009 Dec. 18 (CRTS last
observation) and Maehara-san's first detection.
Weak modulations (resembling superhumps) were recorded on Jan. 16
in Maehara-san's data.  The period appears to be longer than those of
typical WZ Sge-type dwarf novae, supporting the interpretation of
the current stage of multiple rebrightenings.
Further observations are strongly encouraged, and we encourage a search
for potential record of exposures if this field during the observational
gap.