[vsnet-alert 11876] Re: V407 Cyg outburst begin?

Luboš Brát brat at pod.snezkou.cz
Mon Mar 15 02:35:04 JST 2010

Hi all interested in V407 Cygni.

I've processed the V, Rc and Ic  photometric data of this target, we have
obtained during year 2009. They cover time from April 09 till end of October
09. We have observed V407 Cygni in order to get photometric data for
graduation thesis of Zuzana Fischerova, who study cold components of some
selected symbiotic variables.
We have obtained about 100 measurments, which shows, that some significant
brightening has started in September 2009. After some quiescent state during
months April - August 2009, the object has brightened more than 1 mag during
September and October 2009.

See the light curves here:
http://var2.astro.cz/EN/v407cyg.php
(Data are available upon request)

In comparison with optical behavior in years 2002 - 2005, the shape of LC in
2009 was different.
So according to our data, the outburst may began in September 2009.
Unfortunelly we don't have data after October 31st 2009, which may tell us
if the brightenning was beginnig of the main outburst or only some
pre-outburst instability. Photometric data from period November 2009 -
February 2010 are strongly needed.

With best regards

Lubos Brat
- Variable Star and Exoplanet Section