[vsnet-alert 12362] TT Ari: positive superhumps and QPOs

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Nov 5 09:56:51 JST 2010

TT Ari: positive superhumps and QPOs

   We have received data from Akazawa-san (Okayama U. of Sci.), Kiyota-san,
(and earlier data from Itoh-san, Josch Hambsch and N. Virnina = vsnet-alert
12275).

   The most recent data (November) most clearly show positive superhumps
(P=0.1450(2) d, amplitudes 0.20 mag, faster rise and slower fade).
The QPOs are also very clearly present.  The data generally confirmed
the reported finding in vsnet-chat 7645 (although our profile shows single
humps more similar to those of SU UMa-type superhumps).