[vsnet-alert 12392] Re: HT Cas rapid declining!

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon Nov 15 10:28:09 JST 2010

Re: HT Cas rapid declining!

>  We observed the rare SU UMa-type dwarf nova HT Cas tonight from 23h
> till 27.5h, when this object is declining rapidly.

   The object was recorded about 2.0 mag fainter than on Nov. 12.
On Nov. 13, Kiyoshi Kasai (Switzerland) recorded the apparent fading
branch.  The superhumps were present between eclipses at this moment.

   The eclipses became deeper (2.0 mag) on Nov. 13.  Both features of
remaining superhumps and sign of orbital humps appear to be present,
but the identification requires further observation and analysis.