[vsnet-alert 12831] SDSS J133941.11+484727.5: likely low-amplitude early superhumps

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Feb 11 13:27:52 JST 2011

SDSS J133941.11+484727.5: likely low-amplitude early superhumps

   Gianluca Masi has reported further observations.
The object appears to be hard to maintain high-quality stability of
zero-points and the result has been rather dependent on observers.
Using best observations between Feb. 7 and 9, we have obtained
a period of 0.05682(4) d, which likely corresponds to early superhump
modulations.  The mean amplitude has been 0.015 mag.
Using Terskol data (Feb. 8-9, high time-resolution observations),
we can detect double-wave modulations with a period of 0.0644(3) d
and amplitudes 0.02 mag (close to the value reported by Ohshima-san).
We will be futher trying to resolve the calibration issues and
this result is still very preliminary.

   Updated information will be reported by Ohshima-san.
Please include his address (ohshima at ... in addition to ordinary
vsnet-campaign-report) in reporting observations to avoid a delay
in analysis!