[vsnet-alert 12832] Re: ER UMa : negative superhumps continues

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Fri Feb 11 13:52:16 JST 2011

Re: ER UMa : negative superhumps continues

   The data appear to show a slightly shorter (0.06236(2) d) period of
negative superhumps during the second normal(?) outburst.
The second normal outburst faded slightly faster than the first one,
and the development of negative superhumps seems to be slightly
different.  Since the present state of this object is very unexpected,
we should continue the present dense observation to see when the next
superoutburst starts (since the known shortest supercycle in ER UMa
stars is ~20 d, we might see the next one at any time!)

   Updated information will be reported by Ohshima-san.
Please include his address (ohshima at ... in addition to ordinary
vsnet-campaign-report) in reporting observations to avoid a delay
in analysis!