[vsnet-alert 13367] Possible Nova in Sco - Follow-up

walcom77 walcom77 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 21:19:16 JST 2011

Following the posting on the Central Bureau's Transient Object
Confirmation Page about a possible Nova in Sco we performed some
follow-up of this object remotely  through Gras network from Officer,
Australia (MPC Code - E03) using a RCOS 12.5" - FL 1950 @ f/6.3.

On our images taken on June 02.4, 2011 we can confirm  the presence of
an optical counterpart with unfiltered CCD magnitude about 9.4
(USNO-B1.0 Catalogue reference stars) at coordinates:

R.A. = 16 55 09.46, Decl.= -38 38 04.5

(equinox 2000.0; USNO-B1.0 catalogue reference stars).

Our confirming image of this transient and an animation showing a
comparison between our image and the archive POSS2/UKSTU plate (R
Filter - 1995):

http://bit.ly/jK5mMP

With kind regards,

Ernesto Guido and Giovanni Sostero