[vsnet-alert 13371] Possible Nova Sco : Spectrum

Masayuki Yamanaka myamanaka at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Fri Jun 3 01:21:11 JST 2011

We performed the spectroscopic observation of Possible Nova
Scorpius (R.A. 16:55:11, Decl. -38:38:12) with 1.5m Kanata telescope
at Higashi-Hiroshima Observatory (HHO). The spectrum exhibits
the broad emission lines of H-alpha. This FWZI is roughly measured
to be 4500 km/s. The emission line profile shows the triple-peaked
line profile. On the other hand, H-beta is not seen because the
object is highly reddened by interstellar material. We also identified
OI emission lines. These OI emission lines exhibit the double-peaked
profile. Their peak separations are roughly 20Å. We cannot see HeI
emission lines.
http://kanatatmp.g.hatena.ne.jp/kanataobslog/?word=Sco

Best regards,
Masayuki Yamanaka and Ryosuke Itoh (Hiroshima University)

--
  Masayuki Yamanaka (JSPS, PD)
  Space Science Center,
  E-mail:myamanaka at hiroshima-u.ac.jp