[vsnet-alert 12956] Re: ER UMa : irregular variations continue

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Mar 9 10:11:28 JST 2011

Re: ER UMa : irregular variations continue

> According to these data, irregular variations were still seen.
> The amplitude of variations is ~ 0.1 mag and apparent superhump
> peaks cannot be seen.

   After March 7.5, clear signal of superhumps were seen.
The period seems to be shorter than that of positive superhumps.
The maxima appear to be expressed by a period of 0.061-0.062 d.
Period analysis also suggests the presence of a periodicity
around the period of positive superhumps.  These results may suggest
that we are observing a combination of positive and negative superhumps.
The system may be on a transition to the latter state.