[vsnet-alert 13294] (fwd) V1363 Cyg (de Miguel)

Taichi Kato tkato at kusastro.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon May 9 09:25:53 JST 2011

   Enrique de Migeul's comment on V1363 Cyg.  We can confirm these findings.
The object reached the brightest magnitude since major outbursts in
the 1950's.

===

Comments:     Very clear skies.
              Gary Poyner reports that, according to Mike Simonsen,
              this target is being undergoing a major
              brightening after a long time. VSNet-alert 13289 (May 7)
              claims that it is exhibiting short-time variations.
              The present run is unfiltered and using a relatively
              small time integration to capture possible high-frequency
              oscillations. V magnitudes have been measured during
              the run in three occasions, one at the begining of the
              run, and the other two times during the gaps that
              are visible in the unfiltered light curve. For the latter,
              I considered 5 or 6 60-s frames in V, the mean magnitudes
              in each interval being (data to be sent to AAVSO):

              JD1       JD2        Vmag
              689.53145 689.53509  13.829(9)
              689.58034 689.58339  13.776(7)
              689.62796 689.63104  13.877(7)

              These Vmag are NOT transformed and follow from
                    V_tar = V_comp + (v_tar - v_comp)
              with Comp = 126 AAVSO.

              As for the unfiltered light curve, it shows evident
              short-time oscillations superimposed on what it seems
              a modulation of lower frequency. After this single run,
              I find tentative periods at 0.00732(15) d and 0.101(6) d,
              respectively, for each of these modulations.

              Keep following this target for the next days.