[vsnet-alert 14893] TCP J17521907+5001155: superhump perio dupdate

Gianluca Masi gianluca at bellatrixobservatory.org
Fri Aug 24 20:55:53 JST 2012

Dear Colleagues,

last night we did a 3 hours long run on this star, under much better sky
conditions (the OT was high) than the previous night, remotely using the 14"
unit part of the Virtual Telescope robotic facility, in Italy.

The OT was at mag 17.1 (unfiltered), similar to the previous night.

Superhumps are clearly visible, with a full amplitude of about 0.2 mag. A search
for Psh on this dataset provides a candidate of 1.52 hours. On both our datasets
this period does not provide a nice fit. A joint analysis suggests a value of
Psh=1.61(1)hours (with a less pronounced candidate of 1.75h)

Data sent to Kyoto for analysis.

Regards,
Gianluca Masi
Francesca Nocentini