[vsnet-alert 14704] MASTER OT J211258.65+242145.4

Denis Denisenko d.v.denisenko at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 01:42:16 JST 2012

Bill Stein (Las Cruses, NM, USA) has obtained 4.5 hours of photometry
kindly sending a copy of his vsnet report to me. Using WinEFK software
by Dr. Goranskij (Lafler-Kinman method) I have found the best period
to be 0.0591(3)d. The phased light curve is double-humped with a full
amplitude of 0.10m. Object has formally brightened by 0.04m in the
course of 0.2d observations.

Meanwhile the discovery was published as ATel 4208
<http://www.astronomerstelegram.org/?read=4208>. It is reporting
MASTER-Kislovodsk reference image without OT on 2010-10-26 17:55:44 UT
with unfiltered magnitude limit 19.3m. Actually the most recent image
before outburst was obtained 4 weeks ago by another MASTER telescope:

20120529.748 <17.3C  MASTER-Amur

Also, I have checked the Moscow archive of photographic plates in hope
to search for the previous outbursts. Unfortunately the object falls
just about 2.5 degree outside the 10x10 sq. deg. FOV of the area
centered at 29 Vul with about 170 plates available.

Curiously enough, this CV appears to be the brightest among more than
100 optical transients discovered by MASTER robotic telescopes, and
also the brightest from more than 20 dwarf novae discovered by me so
far. Continued observations are encouraged!

Denis Denisenko