[vsnet-alert 14558] Re: [VSS-members] AG Car Unsteady Decline Continues

Peter F Williams pfwilliams at onaustralia.com.au
Fri May 11 10:29:03 JST 2012

Good morning.

The SDOR star AG Car has continued its irregular decline in recent months
and based on my visual observations this star is currently near to its
historically recorded minimum brightness based on the past 7 decades of data
as displayed by the AAVSO light curve generator.

Given the current interest in the LMC star S Dor, perhaps the current state
of AG Car is also deserving of a little attention.

Listed below are recent monthly mean magnitudes based on my visual
observations:

2011
Jan    7.56
Feb    7.90